Join or donate!
We welcome your support and participation in our mission of protecting and sharing the site and the story of New Philadelphia. All donations are tax-deductible. And in 2020 your donation will be matched dollar for dollar.
Various levels of support come with special recognition and regular news updates:
- $50 — individual membership for the calendar year, renewable each January 1
- $250 – Friend of Frank, in honor of Frank McWorter, founder of New Philadelphia
- $500 – Friend of Lucy, in honor of Frank’s wife Lucy, whom he purchased first, when she was expecting, so their baby would be born free
- $1000 – You or someone you designate will own a virtual lot in the town of New Philadelphia. Lot sponsors receive a welcome letter, map indicating location of sponsored lot, brief history of the lot, and your choice of book: either New Philadelphia: An Archaeology of Race in the Heartland by Paul Shackel, or New Philadelphia, Illinois, by Gerald McWorter and Kate Williams-McWorter for the New Philadelphia Association.
- $1836 – As above, but two virtual lots, in honor of the year Frank founded New Philadelphia
Use the yellow donate button above or send your check to:
New Philadelphia Association
c/o Jerry Corton, Treasurer
P.O. Box 54
Barry, Illinois 62312
The Association is grateful for the support of the University of Illinois at both its Champaign-Urbana and Springfield campuses, the Illinois State Museum, and the University of Maryland. We also thank the McWorter family for its support and cooperation. For more information on the McWorter family, see www.mcworter.net.